Monday, July 19, 2010

Summer Abundance

Yes, these are from the garden, picked this morning (a surprisingly cool one), and also the cinnamon pickles I made last week.  One of the jars broke in the water bath, or I would have had 4 pints.

BUT, what I really wanted to show you (forgot to take a pic) was all the produce I got at Loving Hands last week.  Here's a list:
2 lbs. carrots
1 lb. organic spinach
2 organic celery
2 organic lemons
3 clementines
4 apples
3 leeks
1 large veggie tray w/ dip
3 poblanos
2 grapefruit
4 onions
10 potatoes
2 peaches
1 large bag mushrooms
1 bag bing cherries
1 big watermelon
3 cucumbers
blackberries
sugar snap peas
1 bag broccoli
3 organic heads of romaine


And that is just the produce.  I also got eggs, butter, yogurt, chicken, lunch meat, and center cut bacon.
This is our new living room look.  Finally brought the bookcases up from the basement. It isn't quite finished, but this is the general idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment