Saturday, January 16, 2010

"The Library Lion" book review


It was, of course, the interesting title that caught my eye, but the beautiful illustrations were what made me cram this bigger sized book into my already overflowing library bag.  I love beautiful artwork combined with happy prose to give my kids. I think it helps them develop an appreciation for both.

The Lion is such a stately, noble looking beast that it is not at all incongruent to think of one reclining on a bean bag in a sunny corner of the library.  Think of the scene in the opening credits of The Addams Family--a large, bored looking lion wanders through their stately mansion on Cemetery Lane.

Anyway, in The Library Lion, a lion has to learn about rules in the library, just like kids do, and that all rules themselves sometimes have to be bent.

No comments:

Post a Comment